This is the message of the Gospel. To serve, love, respect, honor and see worth in all humanity. Do you really think Jesus is okay with using His Book to tell other people how repulsive and worthless they are?
Tweet On Saturday, August 27, 2011, an action of str8apology (“Hurt by Church? get a #str8apology here”) lead by Kathy Baldock, Executive Director of Canyonwalker Connections) will take place at 2011 Pride Charlotte. ( #str8apology) Str8apology’s presence at Pride Charlotte will bring the message of the unconditional love of God while standing against the activist of [...]
Fear blinds us, fear prevents love, fear causes hate and destruction. The Bible tells us the opposite of love is fear. If you are not loving the person that looks the least like you, the problem is you. No excuses. We need to get this right and stop blaming “others”. Jesus offered no caveats on the treatment of others.
Tweet There is not much to add to the following exchange. Lisa Salazar is my friend, on the Board of Directors for Canyonwalker Connections and one of the most gracious people I have ever met. She is the PERFECT person to engage Michael Brown of “God Has a Better Way” on transgender issues. I have [...]
Tweet TO THOSE WHO PLAN TO MARCH IN “GOD HAS A BETTER WAY” or those that support the action, PLEASE read this: How does the holy directive of “love your neighbor” and the “God Has a Better Way” intended goal of “reach out in love” translate to the glbt community? Well, I wondered so, I [...]
In discussion with folks, conversation about GLBT Christians is tough for some people when they cannot get beyond these three sticking points. Let’s talk about Translation, Transformation and Creation.
It is easy to be inclusive of those you love and those who love who you love. The “do you act like Jesus” test though comes when we are asked to love those who are not kind and may even hate those we love. Then what?
I never cared about marriage equality; I rarely thought about marriage equality and I was ignorantly clear on my stance on marriage equality. That is, until the 2006 national elections. My opinions were impersonal, theoretical and cost me nothing. Watching the election results with a friend as he cheered on the defeat of a version of marriage equality in 19 states started the shift in me. He had ruined his own marriage of over twenty years, one faithful wife and three teenage children with his intentional adultery yet, he, in a smug glee, rejoiced at the voting results, “Good! They are destroying the American family.” “They”, of course, are homosexuals.
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (9)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (30)
- 5. RESOURCES (5)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (64)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (14)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (29)
- BE KIND(ER) (15)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (121)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (8)
- Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Tell a Street Preacher
- Porterville, CA Mayoral LGBT Proclamation Opposed by Christian Base
- Mitchell’s Mom Learned to Love Her Gay Son
- Disney Gay Days is Magical!
- Confronting My Cyberbully, Pastor David Jarzabek in a Texas Church
- John Paulk, Former Exodus & Love Won Out Leader Apologizes
- Nevada Marriage Equality Starts in Senate with 12-9 Approval
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Chris on Tell a Street Preacher
- Chris on Tell a Street Preacher
- Ali on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation
- The Gay, the Bad and the Middle « Stone the Preacher on Tell a Street Preacher
- Connecting the Dots: June 17, 2003 on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Steve Hopkins on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Isaac on Tell a Street Preacher
- Interview with a “Gay” Christian « Stone the Preacher on Tell a Street Preacher
- Kathy | Canyonwalker on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation
- Anna on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation