Open letter to Alan Chambers and Exodus International to consider the language and condemnation of self-identified gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Christians from being welcome as they are, unchanged in orientation, into the Christian Church. God loves them as they are, we should too.
The Anti-Homosexuality Bill, the “Kill the Gays Bill” is in the final stages of review in the Ugandan Parliament. There is one final chance to stop this bill from coming to the vote–applying pressure on Hon. Stephen Tashobya, the Chair of the Legal & Parliamentary Affairs. Behind the scene maneuvering has been revealed by a brave insider. It is critical to give input to Tashobya NOW.
Tweet [The FULL EPISODE is now online at this link.] So, what did you think about the Lisa Ling’s “Our America” episode “Pray the Gay Away”? Before I give my impressions, I do want to say that I am grateful as a “Repairer of the Breach” (Isaiah 58:6-12) that the topic of homosexuality and the [...]
Lisa Ling’s “Pray the Gay Away” episode airs Tuesday, March 8th at 10 pm/7 pm PST on OWN. Homosexuality is the most polarizing debate in the church today. Ling is a staunch gay rights advocate and both sides will be shown respectfully. Michael Bussee and Ross Murray were also interviewed.
If you were to go a few miles east of where I live in Nevada to the legalized houses of prostitution and conduct a “sexual contacts” survey of the sex workers, would it be fair to extrapolate those findings to the general heterosexual female population? To me? Of course not. Likewise, if you were to go to an AIDS/HIV/STD clinic and conduct a “sexual contacts” survey on gay men, would it be fair to extrapolate those findings to the general gay male population? Of course not. Then why are those findings being used to judge the viability of gay marriage? Read how.
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (9)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (30)
- 5. RESOURCES (5)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (64)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (14)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (29)
- BE KIND(ER) (15)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (121)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (8)
- Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Tell a Street Preacher
- Porterville, CA Mayoral LGBT Proclamation Opposed by Christian Base
- Mitchell’s Mom Learned to Love Her Gay Son
- Disney Gay Days is Magical!
- Confronting My Cyberbully, Pastor David Jarzabek in a Texas Church
- John Paulk, Former Exodus & Love Won Out Leader Apologizes
- Nevada Marriage Equality Starts in Senate with 12-9 Approval
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Chris on Tell a Street Preacher
- Chris on Tell a Street Preacher
- Ali on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation
- The Gay, the Bad and the Middle « Stone the Preacher on Tell a Street Preacher
- Connecting the Dots: June 17, 2003 on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Steve Hopkins on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Isaac on Tell a Street Preacher
- Interview with a “Gay” Christian « Stone the Preacher on Tell a Street Preacher
- Kathy | Canyonwalker on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation
- Anna on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation