Tweet UPDATE: At the Porterville City Council meeting on June 11th, an item was added to the agenda for next weeks’ meeting, June 17th. From GayPorterville: That agenda item is to rescind the proclamation that we the LGBTQ community received just last Tuesday. Pending the City Attorney’s counsel on whether the City Council has the […]
Tweet “Relationship.” It is my mantra. As an advocate for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Christian community for full equality and inclusion in the church, I am engaged in conversation at every level of understanding. Those that hold a hard line on “you cannot be Christian and gay” often share one thing in common: […]
GOP, You Want to Know Why You Lost the Election? Because You Could Not Count on Evangelicals Like Me
Tweet The Republican Party and conservative Evangelicals and Protestants that supported and voted for Mitt Romney are now analyzing the after-election tallies and theorizing the shortfall they expected in votes. The statistics showed that 78% of Evangelicals voted for Romney and 21% for Obama. Mike Huckabee, and others, posit that much of the blame for […]
Tweet A kind woman, who would never intentionally offend another person, writes: “I love gay people, I just cannot support their gay lifestyle.” A pastor stands holding an electric cord as a prop and warns the congregation, “Don’t mess with God’s original design. Gay sex is not natural, the parts don’t fit.” A man thinks […]
Tweet The issue of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (glbt) Christians in the church has become a polarizing and even frightening conversation in some faith communities. There are glbt people sitting in virtually all congregations and church youth groups. How is your church addressing this? A few years ago, when I offered dialogue to 57 […]
How is the Christian church responding the the GLBT community in their quest for equality? Looking back at in our involvement in abolition, the suffrage movement and the Civil Right Act of 1964, have we learned lessons that we can now apply to gay/trans people as they struggle for equality?
Bishop Jim Swilley, Church in the Now, Conyers, Georgia came out to his congregation of over 1200 people. After 39 years in ministry (25 of them at his current church), a twenty one year marriage (his second) and four children, Bishop Jim chose to tell his congregation the truth about his sexual orientation. He is and always has been gay.
Responding in kindness when the dialogue gets heated. Working actively in GLBT Christian equality in the church tests my ability to extend grace under pressure and tension. Will I respond in a way reflective of the God I follow?
Tweet (Here was the challenge by the EIGHTH LETTER project and a SYNCHROBLOG which asks authors and bloggers to communicate a message to the Church in North America. The book of Revelation contains seven letters addressed to 1st century congregations struggling to find their identity. Nearly two thousand years later, we were asked: what is your […]
I know Jesus told His followers to “love you neighbor as yourself”. It was time to check out how I am doing with my Muslim neighbor. I needed the practical experience of visiting a mosque during Ramadan and the research afterwards. And yes, it has changed my views.
Fear blinds us, fear prevents love, fear causes hate and destruction. The Bible tells us the opposite of love is fear. If you are not loving the person that looks the least like you, the problem is you. No excuses. We need to get this right and stop blaming “others”. Jesus offered no caveats on the treatment of others.
It is easy to be inclusive of those you love and those who love who you love. The “do you act like Jesus” test though comes when we are asked to love those who are not kind and may even hate those we love. Then what?
Tweet Confession time, bless me Father for I have sinned, again. There are times when I don’t know if it would be more appropriate to laugh at myself or cry over the mistakes I still make. Maybe this disclosure is part both. Sometimes when I hike, I listen to podcasts and one of my favorites […]
Baileys is a popular drink for the holidays and easy enough to make for about one-third the price and has that “wow” appeal for a holiday gift when paired with a good chocolate bar.
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (10)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (32)
- 5. RESOURCES (6)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (66)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (15)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (33)
- BE KIND(ER) (14)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (142)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (10)
- So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- Why Dr. Brown’s Failure to Answer Matthew Vines’ Question is So Important
- “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” Ready for Pre-Orders
- God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Transgender Marriage — Before God
- Married — Before God
- Ted Hayes – Baptist Minister, Married Gay Man, & Widowed Octogenarian Activist
- Where Can I Get the Persecuted Christians Version of the Bible?
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Christians: Homosexuality is not going away. So now what? | Tim Rymel on So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- FreedHearts Ministries on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Carol Beth Wiggins Baswell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Michele Freemyer Grabbe on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Susan Cottrell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Gilbert Gonzalez Jr on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Anonymous on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Eric S Weiss on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- David Pickup on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Jessica Barber on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader