Tweet I am going to recommend, again and again, that you read Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate.(Just updated–early release is October 30th ) I am also going to suggest you buy an extra copy for your parents and family that don’t quite “get it” and add another one for the youth pastor of the […]
Tweet I have a hair-trigger sensitivity for the protection of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (glbt) youth. Even if an action is wrapped in heart-themed paper and tied with a Jesus-loves-you ribbon, when there is something rotten inside, I can smell it. There is something very rotten at the core of the Day of Dialogue […]
Tweet Matthew Vines, 22, of Wichita, KS attended a conservative Presbyterian church growing up. He excelled in school and went to Harvard in 2008, and in that less restrictive social and academic environment, Matthew came to understand and accept that he was gay. In conservative denominations, there are only a few options for gay, lesbian, […]
Tweet Exodus International is a “worldwide network of men and women who have found freedom from homosexuality, and the largest Christian ministry dealing with this topic in the world today.” At 25, Mary was in absolute despair and believed she was alone as a Christian struggling with lesbianism. She had been involved in several […]
Tweet The single greatest lie the Christian church tells about the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community is that sexual orientation and gender identity are not innate. Supporting this lie are complexly interwoven systems rooted in churches, faiths, ethnic groups, political parties and social structures. How can this possibly be untangled and deconstructed with Christian […]
Tweet I hike, think, pray, read and sometimes, I even listen to God on trails. Some strange thoughts marinate along those many miles. I have been thinking about this particular post for about six months. A few days ago, I read a prophetic word and knew it was time to write this. I believe, because […]
Tweet aNotetoMyKid.com is a grassroots movement to publicly express love and support for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (glbt) people in our lives . aNotetoMyKid was created by Patrick Wallace and Michael Volpatt in 2011 as a space for the friends and families of the glbt people to share their unconditional love . You […]
Tweet Casey, sixteen and gay, was being bullied by two students at his high school in Ohio. His youth pastor, a friend of mine, helped to secure a restraining order to protect him, but the principal downgraded the severity with a weaker solution. He let Casey come to the office five minutes before classes ended and […]
Tweet The Gay Christian Network (GCN) holds an annual conference each January as part of its mission to share the love and light of Christ. GCN was started in August 2001 by Justin Lee , recently named one of the 15 most inspiring LGBT religious leaders and author of the upcoming “Torn: Rescuing the Gospel […]
Tweet In 2001, if you had asked me, “Kathy, can you be gay and Christian?” I would have hedged a bit and fallen on the side of “No”. I did not have any close relationships with gay people nor had I ever studied the issue in the Bible. I did not even know one gay […]
I have been involved in advocacy for the glbt Christian community for over five years; I offer these observations that I hope you will consider as valuable insights to help bring understanding.
An open letter to Moms and Dads of glbt youth. You may be struggling to understand where sexual orientation and Christianity intersect. Perhaps this will give you insight so that you can best navigate this as a family.
Open letter to Alan Chambers and Exodus International to consider the language and condemnation of self-identified gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Christians from being welcome as they are, unchanged in orientation, into the Christian Church. God loves them as they are, we should too.
To try to quantify, if you could actually do it, sexual orientation and gender identity, there are two different scales that are generally used in the assessment: the Kinsey Scale and the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid (KSOG). Neither is definitive. Those that feel and need the warm, comfy fuzzies of “knowing” will not like this: there is no test that will give you a number which will inform everyone precisely what your sexual orientation and gender identity are.
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (10)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (32)
- 5. RESOURCES (6)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (66)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (15)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (33)
- BE KIND(ER) (14)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (142)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (10)
- So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- Why Dr. Brown’s Failure to Answer Matthew Vines’ Question is So Important
- “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” Ready for Pre-Orders
- God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Transgender Marriage — Before God
- Married — Before God
- Ted Hayes – Baptist Minister, Married Gay Man, & Widowed Octogenarian Activist
- Where Can I Get the Persecuted Christians Version of the Bible?
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Christians: Homosexuality is not going away. So now what? | Tim Rymel on So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- FreedHearts Ministries on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Carol Beth Wiggins Baswell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Michele Freemyer Grabbe on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Susan Cottrell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Gilbert Gonzalez Jr on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Anonymous on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Eric S Weiss on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- David Pickup on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Jessica Barber on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader