Tweet Matthew Vines, author of God and the Gay Christian, debated Dr. Michael Brown, author of Can You Be Gay and Christian? on Up for Debate on Moody Radio on June 28, 2014. There was an almost imperceptible pause followed by a brush off that may have slipped by listeners. I want to highlight it so […]
Tweet Matthew Vines, 22, of Wichita, KS attended a conservative Presbyterian church growing up. He excelled in school and went to Harvard in 2008, and in that less restrictive social and academic environment, Matthew came to understand and accept that he was gay. In conservative denominations, there are only a few options for gay, lesbian, […]
Tweet If you just want to jump to the links on the five sections of Scripture used in discussing Christianity and homosexuality, go to the links directly below. You will be linked to long blogposts (it is important to give each section appropriate study) and an associated video with each section of Scripture. All the […]
Two sections of I Corinthians and I Timothy are the two most difficult to interpret when researching what the Bible says about homosexuality. I examine context, original language and culture.The words range from prostitute to masturbator to homosexual thru time. The significant translation shift in the 60′s and 70′s should make us wonder about bias.
Tweet “Abomination!” I don’t think anyone has ever called me an abomination. But, do I deserve to be labeled as such? Guess there is one way to find out: by looking at the definition in the Bible and then seeing what things are listed as abominations. Then, at least I can see if God thinks […]
Using sections of Scripture to exclude groups of people from God’s love are abuses of Scripture. We can differ on the interpretation of these Scriptures, but , if your theology in any way subjugates, eliminates, oppresses or lays extra burdens on any group of people, you are missing the message of the Good News. And, that is a problem.
A discussion of Romans 1:18-32. In context, culture and original language. Are these verses a condemnation of same sex relationships or is there something else we need to look at in these verses? Paul was writing to the Gentile church in Rome that had fallen back into the familiar patterns of idol worship.
Tweet I had a interesting conversation with an Orthodox Jew at a gay Christian conference in January 2010. I was quizzing him about how strict Judaism viewed homosexuality. His responses were colorful and direct. If you knew my friend Jayson Littman from my hometown of New York City, you would love to be in any […]
Detailed look at the times, culture and events behind the destruction of the city of Sodom. The verses in Genesis 19 have long been used as a condemnation of the GLBT community. Take a look , see if there may be another way to read these verses.
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (10)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (32)
- 5. RESOURCES (6)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (66)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (15)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (33)
- BE KIND(ER) (14)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (142)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (10)
- So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- Why Dr. Brown’s Failure to Answer Matthew Vines’ Question is So Important
- “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” Ready for Pre-Orders
- God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Transgender Marriage — Before God
- Married — Before God
- Ted Hayes – Baptist Minister, Married Gay Man, & Widowed Octogenarian Activist
- Where Can I Get the Persecuted Christians Version of the Bible?
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Christians: Homosexuality is not going away. So now what? | Tim Rymel on So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- FreedHearts Ministries on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Carol Beth Wiggins Baswell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Michele Freemyer Grabbe on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Susan Cottrell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Gilbert Gonzalez Jr on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Anonymous on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Eric S Weiss on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- David Pickup on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Jessica Barber on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader