A full presentation with time for Q & R is approximately three hours and up to six hours.
Here is a sample shortened presentation of about 90 minutes.
Outline and information sheets are available Untangling the Mess Information Sheets for church environments.
Outline and information sheets are available Untangling the Mess Presentation V2 for academic, secular and political environments.
Shorter segments are offered in one hour.
- The history of cultural and religious discrimination of the LGBT community
- Psychological history of homosexuality, gender identity, and current status
- Politics and policy
- Sexuality, gender, and orientation
- Biblical interpretations of same-sex behavior
- History of HIV/AIDS
- Mixed-orientation marriages
- Reparative therapy
- History and current status of the LGBT Christian movement
- Becoming effective allies and advocates
- LGBT youth
- LGBT issues in the Asian/black/people of color communities
Yvette and Kathy did a three-hour public presentation in a local library on April 24 and we edited the three hour presentation down to two videos: