Tweet Many of the readers of Canyonwalker Connections and my friends were a part of InterVarsity (IV) Christian Fellowship during their college years. During a 60 year history in almost 600 universities and colleges, IV has been influential in the spiritual growth of hundreds of thousands of young adults. Sadly, with a less-than-inclusive policy for […]
Tweet Last November, on a Friday afternoon at about 4:15, I walked into the lobby of the Family Research Council (FRC) on 8th and G Streets in Washington, DC. I carried with me documented research regarding the impact of rejection on the mental and physical health of gay youth. Of course I knew I would […]
Tweet I have a hair-trigger sensitivity for the protection of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (glbt) youth. Even if an action is wrapped in heart-themed paper and tied with a Jesus-loves-you ribbon, when there is something rotten inside, I can smell it. There is something very rotten at the core of the Day of Dialogue […]
Tweet For the past five years, I have conducted a workshop or gathering time for parents , friends and allies of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people at the Gay Christian Network Conference. Not only has the group size increased, but the stage of acceptance of the group has progressed radically. In 2007, the parents […]
Tweet . “Hey, ‘str8apology lady’, tell ‘em. Tell her what you told me. Tell her Jesus loves her too.” So, I did, over and over throughout the day at Pride Charlotte on August 27th. I have gone to pride events for years and the extremes seen in Charlotte that day tell the greater story […]
Tweet On July 9, 2011, The Evangelical Network (TEN) held a press conference at its annual conference in Austin, TX to: Todd Ferrell, President of The Evangelical Network call on Evangelicals to stand up for marginalized, oppressed and vulnerable youth, and glbt youth in particular bring attention to the current lack of coordinated efforts in […]
An open letter to Moms and Dads of glbt youth. You may be struggling to understand where sexual orientation and Christianity intersect. Perhaps this will give you insight so that you can best navigate this as a family.
Open letter to Alan Chambers and Exodus International to consider the language and condemnation of self-identified gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Christians from being welcome as they are, unchanged in orientation, into the Christian Church. God loves them as they are, we should too.
Focus on the Family: Stop Lying About Gays FOTF manipulates information, creates homophobia, uses fear and misinformation against homosexuals and gay youth.
“Day of Dialogue” from Focus on the Family is not What Jesus Would Do. This is a call to action for Christian youth to target GLBT youth with a “God has a better plan for you” message. I’m all for a God loves you conversation, but not a conversation that directly targets the most vulnerable of the vulnerable in our society–the GLBT youth.
Tweet [A fore note: I decided to headline this post partially with the exact title of this highly offensive tract. I want to hit the top of the search engines and maybe get some readers that are looking to "Medical Consequences of What Homosexuals Do" as an authoritative piece. I know it is offensive, but […]
The Ten Lies about the GLBT Community Told by Conservative Hate Groups | A Straight Christian Perspective
The Family Research Council was placed on the Southern Poverty Law Center list of Hate Groups. Is it because they are conservatives and the GBLT debate does not like what they say, or are they really hateful and tellers of lies that hurt people?
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (10)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (32)
- 5. RESOURCES (6)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (66)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (15)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (33)
- BE KIND(ER) (14)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (142)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (10)
- So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- Why Dr. Brown’s Failure to Answer Matthew Vines’ Question is So Important
- “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” Ready for Pre-Orders
- God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Transgender Marriage — Before God
- Married — Before God
- Ted Hayes – Baptist Minister, Married Gay Man, & Widowed Octogenarian Activist
- Where Can I Get the Persecuted Christians Version of the Bible?
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Christians: Homosexuality is not going away. So now what? | Tim Rymel on So Now What ? | Tim Rymel , Guest Post
- FreedHearts Ministries on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Carol Beth Wiggins Baswell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Michele Freemyer Grabbe on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Susan Cottrell on “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- Gilbert Gonzalez Jr on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Anonymous on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Eric S Weiss on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- David Pickup on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader
- Jessica Barber on Survivors of Reparative Therapy Confront Exodus Leader