Two sections of I Corinthians and I Timothy are the two most difficult to interpret when researching what the Bible says about homosexuality. I examine context, original language and culture.The words range from prostitute to masturbator to homosexual thru time. The significant translation shift in the 60′s and 70′s should make us wonder about bias.
Using sections of Scripture to exclude groups of people from God’s love are abuses of Scripture. We can differ on the interpretation of these Scriptures, but , if your theology in any way subjugates, eliminates, oppresses or lays extra burdens on any group of people, you are missing the message of the Good News. And, that is a problem.
A discussion of Romans 1:18-32. In context, culture and original language. Are these verses a condemnation of same sex relationships or is there something else we need to look at in these verses? Paul was writing to the Gentile church in Rome that had fallen back into the familiar patterns of idol worship.
Tweet I had a interesting conversation with an Orthodox Jew at a gay Christian conference in January 2010. I was quizzing him about how strict Judaism viewed homosexuality. His responses were colorful and direct. If you knew my friend Jayson Littman from my hometown of New York City, you would love to be in any […]
Detailed look at the times, culture and events behind the destruction of the city of Sodom. The verses in Genesis 19 have long been used as a condemnation of the GLBT community. Take a look , see if there may be another way to read these verses.
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (9)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (18)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (32)
- 5. RESOURCES (6)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (67)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (15)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (33)
- BE KIND(ER) (15)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (142)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (10)
- God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Transgender Marriage — Before God
- Married — Before God
- Ted Hayes – Baptist Minister, Married Gay Man, & Widowed Octogenarian Activist
- Where Can I Get the Persecuted Christians Version of the Bible?
- “Algo marica le ocurrió a América” por Dr. Michael Brown | Reseña
- “Go and Do Likewise” — Christians Must Stop Oppressing the LGBT Community
- To World Vision and Conservative Christians — Let’s Get Together for a Potluck and Bible Study
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Kathy | Canyonwalker on God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Bob on God and the Gay Christian — The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- Kathy | Canyonwalker on Six Things Straight People Should Stop Saying about Gay People
- Joseph Jackson on Six Things Straight People Should Stop Saying about Gay People
- Kathy | Canyonwalker on The “(Un)comfortable” Spiritual Blessings and Prophecy on Gay and Trans Christians
- peyton on The “(Un)comfortable” Spiritual Blessings and Prophecy on Gay and Trans Christians
- Ray Ban 3308 on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation
- Gryph on Ten Things I’ve Learned About Gay People in Ten Years | A Christian Perspective
- jeremy scott for sale on I’m a Zero , A Look at Sexual Orientation
- Raymond Creed on A Queer Thing Happened to America by Dr. Michael Brown | Review