Two sections of I Corinthians and I Timothy are the two most difficult to interpret when researching what the Bible says about homosexuality. I examine context, original language and culture.The words range from prostitute to masturbator to homosexual thru time. The significant translation shift in the 60’s and 70’s should make us wonder about bias.
Using sections of Scripture to exclude groups of people from God’s love are abuses of Scripture. We can differ on the interpretation of these Scriptures, but , if your theology in any way subjugates, eliminates, oppresses or lays extra burdens on any group of people, you are missing the message of the Good News. And, […]
A discussion of Romans 1:18-32. In context, culture and original language. Are these verses a condemnation of same sex relationships or is there something else we need to look at in these verses? Paul was writing to the Gentile church in Rome that had fallen back into the familiar patterns of idol worship.
I had a interesting conversation with an Orthodox Jew at a gay Christian conference in January 2010. I was quizzing him about how strict Judaism viewed homosexuality. His responses were colorful and direct. If you knew my friend Jayson Littman from my hometown of New York City, you would love to be in any conversation […]
Detailed look at the times, culture and events behind the destruction of the city of Sodom. The verses in Genesis 19 have long been used as a condemnation of the GLBT community. Take a look , see if there may be another way to read these verses.
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
The mission of Canyonwalker Connections is to repair the division that exists between social and Christian conservative and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community through education, training, and dialogue in both secular and religious environments.
Canyonwalker Connections is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
“Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” book (2014)
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter
- The Tipping Point of Christian Love at Charlotte Pride August 26, 2015
- Ray Comfort’s Audacity — Nothing Says — I Have No Respect for You — Like Giving a Copy to a Gay Person August 21, 2015
- Michael Brown’s “Outlasting the Gay Revolution” Continues His Non-Academic Anti-Gay Rantings August 20, 2015
- Kevin DeYoung’s Book — Another Author Lacking Academic Integrity But Telling Us What God “Really Says” Anyway August 2, 2015
- Sisters of Thunder Podcasts with Kathy and Yvette July 30, 2015
- I am Part of the 2% of Evangelicals Strongly Supporting Marriage Equality July 20, 2015
- Ryan Anderson’s Truth Overruled Presents Ideology as Truth July 18, 2015
- Fundraiser for Charlotte Pride 2015 Stickers — August 15, 16th July 10, 2015
- Gays Didn’t “Steal” the Rainbow or the Word June 28, 2015
- Resources to Share and Help Educate for Support of Marriage Equality & Christian Same-Sex Marriage June 25, 2015