I have been involved in advocacy for the glbt Christian community for over five years; I offer these observations that I hope you will consider as valuable insights to help bring understanding.
An open letter to Moms and Dads of glbt youth. You may be struggling to understand where sexual orientation and Christianity intersect. Perhaps this will give you insight so that you can best navigate this as a family.
Tweet If you just want to jump to the links on the five sections of Scripture used in discussing Christianity and homosexuality, go to the links directly below. You will be linked to long blogposts (it is important to give each section appropriate study) and an associated video with each section of Scripture. All the […]
Tweet [Order "Hurt By Church? Get a Str8 Apology Here" on this page. ] When an idea comes to me on a hiking trail (AKA my “sacred space”) I most often count it as a good idea. My mind is relaxed and I have no distractions. I would soon be heading down to San Francisco […]
The Ten Lies about the GLBT Community Told by Conservative Hate Groups | A Straight Christian Perspective
The Family Research Council was placed on the Southern Poverty Law Center list of Hate Groups. Is it because they are conservatives and the GBLT debate does not like what they say, or are they really hateful and tellers of lies that hurt people?
To try to quantify, if you could actually do it, sexual orientation and gender identity, there are two different scales that are generally used in the assessment: the Kinsey Scale and the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid (KSOG). Neither is definitive. Those that feel and need the warm, comfy fuzzies of “knowing” will not like this: there is no test that will give you a number which will inform everyone precisely what your sexual orientation and gender identity are.
We lump the GLB and T communities together, but are the issues the same? All want equality and freedom to live as they were created to be, but the issues are not the same. For the GL and B people, it is about sexual attraction. For Transgenders, the issue is gender identity. What do you know about the group and what might the Bible say about them?
WHY I AM AN ADVOCATE
MISSION STATEMENT OF CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
To educate, encourage and engage in dialogue between the Christian Church and the LGBT Christian community.
Your support is needed for the important work. CWC is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
E mail contact:
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter | Trail News
- 1. VERSES (9)
- 2. RESOURCES FOR PARENTS (19)
- 3. LGBT YOUTH (19)
- 4. SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY (30)
- 5. RESOURCES (7)
- 6. STRAIGHT ALLIES (65)
- 7. STR8APOLOGY & PRIDE EVENTS (18)
- 8. MARRIAGE EQUALITY (14)
- 9. THE LIES & LIARS (30)
- BE KIND(ER) (15)
- CONFERENCES (4)
- CRISIS IN UGANDA (7)
- EVERYTHING WRITTEN (133)
- REPARATIVE THERAPY (10)
- American Extremism To Russia with Love
- SBC Pastor’s Kid Comes Out and Family Stands with Him
- Crowdfunding for “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon”
- “Bible Gender Sexuality | Reframing the Church’s Debate on Same-Sex Relationships” — A Review
- “Understanding Sexual Identity” By Mark Yarhouse | A Review
- Scott Lively Continues His Russian Death Tour
- He Makes All Things Beautiful
- Walking the Bridgeless Canyon | How I Became an Advocate for LGBT Inclusion
PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT:
- Rift Credit Generator on VIDEOS
- Angela on Trans-Stonewall | Chaz Opens the Door
- Kayla on Becoming Christian Allies for the LGBT Community
- Eshto on Six Things Straight People Should Stop Saying about Gay People
- Lil on Hello, I’m a Detestable Abomination | Looking at Leviticus and Deuteronomy
- M on Ten Things I’ve Learned About Gay People in Ten Years | A Christian Perspective
- Rachel on ABOUT CANYONWALKER | KATHY
- Melinda Kline on Six Things Straight People Should Stop Saying about Gay People
- Kathy | Canyonwalker on Ten Things I’ve Learned About Gay People in Ten Years | A Christian Perspective
- bb on Ten Things I’ve Learned About Gay People in Ten Years | A Christian Perspective