Disturbing. Horrifying. Dangerous. This past weekend I saw a screening of “God Loves Uganda”, a documentary from Roger Ross Williams that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2013. The movie follows the efforts leaders of the International House of Prayer (IHOP), Kansas City, MO to spread Christianity, change African culture with values from the […]
The Anti-Homosexuality Bill, the “Kill the Gays Bill” is in the final stages of review in the Ugandan Parliament. There is one final chance to stop this bill from coming to the vote–applying pressure on Hon. Stephen Tashobya, the Chair of the Legal & Parliamentary Affairs. Behind the scene maneuvering has been revealed by a […]
Lies create homophobia and hatred in the US and now, visibly, in Uganda. The murder of David Kato is a product of the lies. We may never get the truth of his death, but we do need to deal with the lies.
Missionaries are needed in Uganda NOW from affirming churches and denominations worldwide to counter the hatred of the LGBTQI community planted by American “pro-family groups” that then took hold in the pulpits and people of Uganda.
Church fueled, media pushed, government sanctioned hatred of the gay and trans community in Uganda is brewing to the point of potential genocide. GLBT people in Uganda need help NOW.
UPDATE TO THIS POST ON JANUARY 27, 2010: Yesterday, David Kato, Advocacy Investigations Officer for Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG) was murdered in his home when someone attacked him with a hammer to his head. He died on the way to the hospital in Kampala. Four months ago, David was featured on the front cover of […]
“Loosen the chains of injustice, untie the cords of the yoke, set the oppressed free and break every yoke. Then you will be called Repairer of the Breach.” Isaiah 58
The mission of Canyonwalker Connections is to repair the division that exists between social and Christian conservative and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community through education, training, and dialogue in both secular and religious environments.
Canyonwalker Connections is a 501c3 tax deductible organization.
“Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” book (2014)
Contact Me Via Post
PO Box 19017
Reno, Nevada 89511
Kathy at CanyonwalkerConnections dot com
Subscribe to Canyonwalker Newsletter
- Sisters of Thunder Podcasts with Kathy and Yvette July 30, 2015
- I am Part of the 2% of Evangelicals Strongly Supporting Marriage Equality July 20, 2015
- Ryan Anderson’s Truth Overruled Presents Ideology as Truth July 18, 2015
- Fundraiser for Charlotte Pride 2015 Stickers — August 15, 16th July 10, 2015
- Gays Didn’t “Steal” the Rainbow or the Word June 28, 2015
- Resources to Share and Help Educate for Support of Marriage Equality & Christian Same-Sex Marriage June 25, 2015
- Is Procreation an Imperative for Christian Marriage? June 25, 2015
- Does Christian Marriage Require Complementarity? June 20, 2015
- The Long Road to Marriage Equality in America Began in 1968 June 20, 2015
- Marriage is an American Civil Right June 20, 2015