- Kathy Baldock, author, LGBTQ advocate, and Executive Director of CanyonWalker Connections is a leading expert on LGBTQ issues in the United States, especially dealing with historical and current discrimination faced from the socially conservative Christian church and political sector.
Kathy Baldock founded Canyonwalker Connections in 2009 as a natural outgrowth of her already-burgeoning ministry of reconciliation between the socially and religiously conservative American community and the LGBT community. A graduate of Rutgers University’s College of Engineering, as well as an accomplished entrepreneur and small business owner, Baldock had no ties to the LGBT community until 2001 when she forged a friendship with a woman who she later found out was a lesbian. Through organic relationships and years of research, Baldock shifted her own views and saw the immense need for accessible education in this area. More of the specifics of her backstory can be found at www.canyonwalkerconnections.com.
A video overview of Baldock’s teaching entitled “Unclobbering the Tangled Mess” which follows her book “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” can be found on Youtube at https://youtu.be/MBwajcvZtqw
An accompanying Discussion Guide for “Walking the Bridgeless Canyon” can also be found on Amazon.
Baldock currently travels the country speaking in venues from churches to university campuses, sharing the eye-opening findings of her research fully tailored to audience needs. She engages with a visual timeline in ways that help audience members identify, assimilate, and retain information to guide them in overcoming cultural biases and understanding the sources of negative images of LGBT people today.
Baldock is working on her second book, “Forging a Sacred Weapon: How the Bible became Anti-Gay” with fellow researcher, Ed Oxford. The book and accompanying documentary, “1946: The Movie” will be out in Spring and Summer 2022.
SIGNED COPY | VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY OF THIS PRINTED EDITION
FREIGHT INCLUDED IN US
No shipping outside the US. Please check Amazon in your country for purchasing.
Check out the 9-part study and discussion guide on this site.
If you would like a specific inscription message, please tell me the name(s) of the book recipient. Make those notations in the notes on the payment as you check out. Or, you can email me other notes for the order: Kathy@canyonwalkerconnections.comRead More
(SPANISH VERSION CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION)
Walking the Bridgeless Canyon: A Discussion Guide for Personal, Group & Bible Study Use was created by a team that reviewed the manuscript to ensure the discussion questions and text were accessible, gracious, and moved people along understanding with a good balance of push and kindness.
The Guide will also be a great tool for those who are already affirming. But the ultimate market is Christians who are undecided and/or uneducated about sexual orientation and gender identity at the intersection of faith.
If you want to read through the Foreword so that you can get a feel for the tone of the guide, you can read that here: WTBC Study Guide Foreword.
Walking the Bridgeless Canyon Walking the Bridgeless Canyon is a highly accessible book meticulously researched with almost 500 footnotes which ultimately challenges readers to assess and remove their own flawed or ill-informed lenses through which they view the LGBTQ community.Signed copies can be purchased directly on this site for the same price as offered from online…Read More
- En 2001, Kathy Baldock, una cristiana evangélica conservadora y heterosexual, conoció a Netto Montoya, una aborigen americana lesbiana, mientras estaba haciendo senderismo en las caminerias cercanas a su casa en las montañas de Sierra Nevada. Su amistad desafió las creencias culturales y religiosas de Baldock sobre las personas gay, lesbianas, bisexuales y transgénero.
- En Walking the Bridgeless Canyon: Reparando la brecha entre la Iglesia y la comunidad LGBTQ, Baldock descubre los filtros históricos, culturales, médicos y políticos de discriminación a través de los cuales se ve a la comunidad LGBTQ. Con un contexto fundamental firmemente establecido, examina el filtro más controversial de todos: lo que dice la Biblia sobre el comportamiento sexual entre personas del mismo sexo.
- Diez años de investigación, así como las relaciones con miles de personas gay, lesbianas, bisexuales y transgénero, llevaron a responder preguntas importantes: ¿Cómo se entrelazaron la historia, la cultura, la ciencia y la política para crear discriminación social contra las comunidades gay y transgénero? ¿Cuándo y por qué la comunidad cristiana conservadora se centró en las comunidades gay y transgénero? ¿Debería extenderse la comunión cristiana a las personas gay y transgénero? ¿Deberían concederse matrimonios cristianos a parejas del mismo sexo? ¿Qué está sucediendo hoy dentro del movimiento cristiano LGBTQ?
- Baldock construye cuidadosamente una narrativa en forma de línea del tiempo histórica mientras desenreda los detalles de varias influencias y personas con influencia. A lo largo del camino, comparte historias y testimonios fascinantes que enriquecen el viaje. Finalmente, para aquellos que se preguntan cómo pueden entablar conversaciones productivas y respetuosas sobre la intersección de la fe y la orientación sexual o la identidad de género, este libro ofrece los recursos y las herramientas necesarias para tomar decisiones informadas, sabias y centradas en Cristo. También existe una Guía de discusión complementaria para este libro que está disponible y diseñada para uso personal, grupal o de estudio bíblico.
Resources for Those in Mixed-Orientation Marriages There is support for gay, bisexual, or questioning men and women who are married, as well as their partners. Back to ALL RESOURCES Page Resources for People in Mixed-Orientation Marriages Our Path—ourpathhome.org Discovering your partner is LGBT+ can be a life-altering experience for Straight Partners and Partners of Trans…Read More
Denominational Resources Are you looking for affirming organizations within or associated with you faith background, or an expression of faith you are comfortable or familiar with? Here are some resources you may find helpful. Back to ALL RESOURCES Page Denominational Resources Affirmation-United Methodist Church – http://www.umaffirm.org Affirmation, as an independent voice of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,…Read More
Start Here Maybe you have just started challenging your views about sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression as they each intersect faith. Whether you are an LGBTQ person, or an ally, a parent, clergy, or even someone who holds a traditional point of view, we have a few suggestions of books and videos that will…Read More
General Resources Visibility, representation, and equality are necessary for LGBTQ+ people in a healthy society. To achieve this goal, there are organizations dedicated to workplace equality, gender identity law, political lobbying, public policy, and public education. Back to ALL RESOURCES Page General Resources LGBTQ+ Terminology—Glossary of terms and definitions from Q Christian Fellowship The Coming…Read More
Resources for Bisexual Identities Bisexual people have historically lacked visibility as equal members of the LGBTQ+ community. The sexual and romantic selves of those who have the capacity to love men and women deserve to be understood, and, most of all, to be honored and celebrated as part of the LGBTQ+ rainbow. Back to ALL…Read More